Technical Project Manager - Level II
||Kansas City, Missouri|
|Start Date: ||02/03/2014|
Genesis10 is seeking a Technical Project Manager – Level 2 to work in Kansas City, MO on a long-term contract supporting our financial industry client.
- Oversees various systems projects of a complex nature. Responsible for coordinating all phases (from analysis through implementation) of project. Works in partnership with business unit service partners and other senior members of technology team.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Coordinates and/or develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities , identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
- Maintains direct contact with, and at times manages, stakeholders, business personnel, service partners, software vendors, and/or designated areas, This includes communicating the status of specific projects and metrics relative to delivery.
- Must be familiar with the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Leads a staff of programmers and analysts in support of the technology advancement initiatives. Responsible for quality assurance review.
- Applies project controls (change control, documentation, meeting minutes, etc.) in support of delivery objectives. Based upon the specifics of the business unit, team or complexity of assignment may be asked to assume supervisory responsibility. May coordinate and maintain metrics and staff models to support service partner requests. May be responsible for 24x7 coverage related to projects.
- Communicates regular status reports and project updates to senior management, vendor personnel /management, and other project stakeholders. Ensures issues are surfaced in sufficient time to react from both a business and technology standpoint. Proactive monitoring and measurement of project activities to mitigate business and technology risk. Coordinate activities to address and resolve identified risks. Conducts team meetings regularly to assess project status from every contributor.
- Under limited supervision, directs, reviews, and participates in reviewing and analyzing requests for software and/or hardware modifications, new systems, or acquisitions on all Bank Information Technology platforms. Conducts thorough analysis to ensure that project scope and requirements have been adequately defined. Develops analysis/design team. Identifies and summarizes system and data considerations as business problems and project requirements are refined. Prepares estimates, proposals and Technical Response Documents. Develops project plans. Assigns development and testing resources. Conducts project kick-off meetings with appropriate technology interfaces, vendor personnel, and managers. Provides overall project risk management diagnostics and reporting communications. Projects are of significant complexity and scope (e.g. $750k up to 7,500 hour).
- Ensures alignment of project resources to maximize productivity and client service levels. Ensures high quality, 7x24 operating environment, which includes on-call support. Assesses team performance and makes adjustments as needed. Monitors the progress of projects assigned against stakeholder expectations. Utilizes project planning and monitoring software to track progress. Provides analytical/technical support to all team members and extended team members in surfacing and promptly resolving issues that emerge. Utilizes project planning and organization skills and other strategies to ensure the successful completion of projects to which they are assigned.
- Oversees and performs all quality assurance techniques and procedures in accordance with client methodologies to ensure the quality goals and objectives are met. Leads problem resolution initiatives.
- Oversees preparation of technical documentation and procedures. Oversees release schedules and code migration; accountable for success. Monitors and ensures adherence to service levels. Maintains issues tracking and reporting databases, spreadsheets, etc. Issues release letters defining project deliverables. Conducts post-implementation review session and documents lessons learned.
- Participates in the formulation of annual expense and capital budget allocations. Ensures project resources are expended in accordance with estimates. May serve as client contact for day-to-day management of technology contracts. Assists in negotiations and maintains ongoing favorable relationships with software vendors and third parties.
- Represents client on executive committees and serves as a liaison between clients and other service partners and functional areas. Establishes and maintains regular contact with internal / external customers and service partners to ensure that maximum client satisfaction is being provided by their team and client in general. Attends and participates in all required client activities. Responsible for establishing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply! Only W2 candidates will be considered.
- 7-10 years of direct technology related Project Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferably in IT related field). Equivalent experience would be acceptable in lieu of education
- PMP, Six Sigma, or other project management related certification preferred.
- Advanced MS Project and MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced time-management and prioritization skills.
- Advanced leadership with the ability to effectively manage / lead a group of associates that do not have a direct/solid line reporting relationship.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”